Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Gorditas Have Skills

Due to my life as a Gordita I have some major skills. One of my skills is that I know how to remove grease stains from clothing. From being a messy and bad eater I had to master how to get those stains out of my clothes. The trick is simple, use hot water on the affected area, then use dish soap and rub it in, let it sit for about 10 minutes and then wash as normal. The stain will be gone!!! There are other methods out there, but I found this one worked great for me because it used someting that I always had on hand. Richy remarked just yesterday that it had been a long time since I had to remove grease from my clothes. I don't know if it's because I have slowed down when I eat or if my food does not have as much grease in it as it used to. I think it is probably a little bit of both.
I can also cook, it only makes sense since I like to eat so much. As I blog I have pot of homemade clam chowder on the stove. I'll be making salmon for myself. Although in the past I have reserved a cheat day just for Clam Chowder on the Wharf. I love to make all things fatty, and it tastes good too! Here is the clam chowder recipe that I use, although I have adapted it. Just in case you are taking a cheat day, or just want to make something yummy for your family or guests. I just wanted to make it for my family. I love making soups.

INGREDIENTS

  • 1 carrot-diced
  • 1 medium onion-diced
  • 1 potato--diced
  • 1 stalk of celery--diced
  • 1/2 lb minced bacon
  • 1 stick of butter
  • 3 cloves fresh garlic--minced
  • 1/2 quart (2 cups) clam juice
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 2 cups milk
  • 2 cups cream
  • 2 cups half-and-half
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper
  • 1 lb chopped clams (fresh, frozen, or canned)
  • 1/2 tsp clam base (optional)

DIRECTIONS

  • 1
    Place vegetables, bacon and butter in a 5 qt sauce pot. Saute over medium heat until vegetables are tender. Be careful not to brown or scorch.
  • 2
    When vegetables are tender, add flour to make a roux. Cook for two minutes, allowing flour to cook while stirring occasionally.
  • 3
    Add clam juice and dairy products. Stir by using a wire whisk.
  • 4
    Add fresh garlic, black pepper, chopped clams and clam base. Cook over low-medium heat stirring occasionally to prevent chowder from scorching. Cook for two hours or until chowder is brought to desired thickness.
Some Gorditas have really impressive self esteem. They are proud of every curve and pound. Now I didn't fall into this category, but a lot of women do. In my opinion being happy and healthy in your body is what is most important. Sadly I know more women that put on a lot of bravado, saying that they love their curves in an attempt to cover up how they really feel about their bodies. Embrace your curves if you are truly in love with them and are healthy, if not do something to become healthy and happy. The hardest thing is starting the process knowing that in an age of instant gratification it will take some time to see results. Start anyway, your body, and your mind will thank you for it. 





No comments:

Post a Comment